Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The basics of the visit.

Soooo the weekend has come and gone, and so has my girlfriend. But not without us having an amazing time. Saturday we woke up around 10 and tried to figure out if we wanted to make breakfast like we were planning to. In the end we put it off too late so we decided on going to a mall which had Johnny Rocket's to eat lunch. Lunch there was fairly normal except for two things: first, my fries smelled like cookies. Gingerbread cookies to be exact. I couldn't figure out why they smelled that way, but I wasn't complaining. the awesome taste of fries combined with the delicious smell of cookies? The combination was a winner in my book. The only blemish of lunch was that we were charged forty dollars on the meal instead of twenty. It ended up being a mistake that had been taken care of, but we double checked just to make sure. After that we walked around the mall for a little while. Not too much stuck out to us so we only stayed a little while longer.
      After the mall we picked up a friend of ours. My girlfriend and she both are absolute fangirls of Dr. Who (I'm not a big fan of Dr. Who myself but my girlfriend says she'll change me into a whovian yet. I do know a little bit about the show because when the girlfriend loves it, you're gonna learn a little bit whether you like it or not). But to continue the story, we picked her up to take her to a play another one of my friends was acting in. We drove to my house to kill time before departure for the play, but the time came to leave. It was my girlfriend, our friend, and another friend we picked up on the way. The name of the play we attended is And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. My friend only played a minor part but did an incredible job. After the play our group joined him at Steak and Shake to talk and hang out. We called it a night after being there for a while.
      Saturday was quite fun and Sunday was looking even better...we were headed to the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, the largest of its kind in the world. After Church Sunday morning, my girlfriend and I headed over to a coworker's house and had a good lunch of shrimp tacos, consisting of lettuce, cheese, cocktail sauce, and shrimp (duh). After devouring a number of tacos, we left and joined my cousin, her brother, and another friend of mine, and we headed to the D. We parked a few blocks away from the building where the show was being held and had to walk. Not the best day to be out walking, considering the temperatures were in the teens. But once we arrived, bought our tickets, and headed into the showrooms, man, oh man, was it worth it. All the car brands with new cars coming out had the best on display for all the people to see. There weren't as many people there as there usually would be on a Friday or Saturday, but there were still quite a few. Usually, there are a few things being given out that everyone wants. This year, there were yellow Chevy glasses being given out. To receive them you had to go into a photo booth and take a number of pictures of you and whoever else was with you and the pictures were turned into a flipbook. My girlfriend and I went together and we made a fun flipbook and took our glasses. But of all the vehicles there, there was one car that stuck out as my outright favorite. The Corvette Stingray just completely blew my mind. If you need an idea of how good it looks, just image search it on Google and you'll see how crazy awesome it is. After a few hours of walking around, we headed back out. I had soccer that night, and I wasn't about to miss playing my favorite sport. After going home and changing, my girlfriend, sister, and I headed out to the building where I play. Unfortunately I didn't do too well. But I played hard and I ran my head off so I wasn't too disappointed in how I played. We also won 9-8 so the win helped too. Unfortunately after soccer we headed home for the last night before my girlfriend left. She wouldn't be here much longer.
      Tomorrow was not going to be much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment