Sunday, January 20, 2013

She's finally here!

Yeah, so I can't really blog every night like I was hoping to...been a crazy couple nights. I've been going to bed early each day this week because of work...they've been pushing more and more to be on time so I've been extra careful and made sure I got enough sleep. Couple that with doing random stuff to prep for my girlfriend's arrival, going to a viewing for my coworker's brother, and the other things I normally do, and you have one busy guy. But of course, it was all worth it to be able to see her again.
      Well, things didn't exactly go smoothly on Friday. It was an easy workday, so that was hopefully going to be the start of an easy day that would lead up to an awesome night. I got off work at noon and headed home, showered, and worked on finishing stuff around the house for my girlfriend's arrival. Her bus was scheduled to leave around 10:45 am and she was going to arrive in Detroit between 6:30 and 7. She tried calling me a couple times during work and I figured she had stopped at different places and wanted to call me. So when I looked at my phone and had an incoming call around 1, I was thinking she was at the halfway point. "Heyyyy. How are you?" I asked. "Pretty good." her response didn't sound too convincing and I decided to ask a few more questions. "Where are you at?" And the response I didn't expect: "On the way home." And not on the bus? Well, things just took an interesting turn.
      When I received that answer, my heart dropped. The whispering doubt that she wasn't coming at all made itself welcome in my head and wouldn't leave me alone. I was afraid that my amazing weekend wasn't going to be so amazing. She quickly ended those doubts as she told me she was still coming, she just wouldn't get here until midnight. Relief replaced doubt and I was just thankful she was still coming. She then told me the story of why she missed her bus. Earlier that morning, her car had blown a tire on the way to her work. She basically lost the whole tire and had pretty much only the rim and a small amount of rubber. She pulled her car to the side of the road and had a coworker pick her up. After work she called a tow truck to come take her car to a tire store so she could get her tire replaced. The rest of the morning that same coworker drove her around wherever she needed to go. But between getting the tire replaced and getting all her stuff, She ended up missing the bus. Quite a fun morning, it sounded like. So after that, she ended up being able to replace her ticket and traveled on that bus to Michigan. She pulled in around midnight with no other incidents while on the bus. I picked her up, gave her the flowers I bought to surprise her with, and brought her home.
      All in all, a successful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment