Saturday, January 12, 2013

Good News!

So I got some AWESOME news today. MY GIRLFRIEND IS COMING TO VISIT!!!!! Normally, this wouldn't be as big a deal, except for the fact that she lives in southern Indiana and I live in Michigan. We don't get to see each other very often so any chance we get to see each other we take. Unfortunately, her car is older and it won't make it through a trip to Michigan, so for her to visit, it has to be through some sort of other mode of transportation. I was lucky enough to find a car that is a road trip kinda car that a family friend was selling and got it for a decent price. It is my first car and a great one at that. I've already had a number of experiences with it, like being pulled over in Ohio and being let off with only a warning, or locking my keys in it four hours away from home, so it's definitely got a special place in my heart. I plan on using it for many more trips to come.
      But back to this visit, sadly, it's not for sure. Gotta see if my girlfriend can get tickets for the visit and see what the cheapest way for her to get here is. But I honestly can't explain how excited I am for her to visit...I miss her waaaaaay too much. But not too much really because I can never miss her too much. I'm just really ready for her to visit. I last saw her just before Christmas so it's been a few weeks. But New Year's Eve was a mess....I needed her here. Or to be there. It's just not the same without her by my side. And every day without her is a day that's incomplete. So needless to say I just wanna be by her side and that's good enough for me.
      We've been dating for almost two years now...coming up to this mark in the summer. Luckily for us, we were best friends before we started dating. I was the guy that was too stupid to realize my best friend liked me. I had no clue she felt the way she did and didn't see it until I realized I liked her. I can still remember that night when I realized that I had feelings for her. A lot of feelings. We had been playing laser tag with friends for a few rounds and she and I were all sweaty from running around. So we went outside to cool down. While we were sitting out there we probably talked for about an hour about random stuff. While sitting out there, I looked at her and just kinda stared. She was looking out at the sky and around the parking lot. It then dawned upon me - she may be my best friend, but I have true feelings for her. Quite an awesome feeling. That night I was talking with one of her friends and told him about my feelings for her. He then told me the thing I was apparently too blind to see...she liked me back. After talking to him, I decided I needed to act on this.
      The next day she and I had a day of just hanging out. We went to the mall, then to a pizza joint, then to the park. The whole time I was nervous almost scared, to tell her I liked her. Even though I knew she liked me back, I asked the friend I talked to the night before about 5 other times that day if she really did like me back. While at the park, we walked around for a little while before sitting down at a small dock area that led right up to a lake. While sitting there, I told her a little story then confessed my feelings for her. She became super excited and told me she liked me back. Definitely a highlight day for me. And we've been together ever  since.
      So basically I absolutely love my girlfriend with all my heart. And I can't even begin to describe how tough it is away from her. Especially when you have to say goodbye after a visit...but for now I'm just waiting for her to be here and for me to be able to see that beautiful face looking back at me...in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment