Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nothing happens...except soccer. Go figure.

So this week has been one of those weeks of nothing. Nothing really has been significant enough to mention. Except soccer, of course. Last Saturday I went out to a 5-a-side soccer tryout. Basically, everyone that went got to play, but it was a kind of showcase so that captains could decide who they wanted to be on their team. I knew a few people, and that made it a whole lot easier to jump in. I did pretty well, and even wow'd a few people. It was kinda funny after games when captains would come up to me and ask me questions. I felt like I was a 'hot prospect.' But most people probably got asked questions so it wasn't anything special, but I enjoyed it. When I went to pay, though, I found out that there's a lot more to this league than I thought. It's an Islamic sports outreach group. There's an Islam 101 class to attend on Saturdays before the soccer games. There are projects and other things to do as well. And all of it is part of a points-based system. And there's a percentage to attain to. As long as I have above a 60% point percentage, I can play the full time. If I'm below that 60% I have to sit out for the first 5 minutes of the game. If I'm below 50%, I have to sit out for the first 7 minutes of the game.  It'll be interesting to see what all happens with this league. After that, though, nothing much has happened this week. I just worked and played Assassin's Creed IV. Still enjoying that game. I think I'm pretty close to the end...it'll be interesting what happens with that game. But other than that, I really have nothing to add. I tend to stay away from doing stuff in public much anymore. Actually, Tuesday night I went out to look for a few things I need to get. The weird part was that I felt like it was a little late for me to be out...even though it was only 7:30. I'm a strange person. But eh. I'll probably always be that weird. But tonight is soccer!! I'm excited to play tonight. I'm hoping that how well I did last week isn't just gonna be one of those things where I did well one week then crash another. Because that happens. More than I'd like to admit. But there's no other way to find out than to get out there and play! That's all from me...yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment