Saturday, December 7, 2013

Umm...oops.

Well, I missed last week. I overslept...had a late night and missed my alarm. But only because I had some friends back from college. I hadn't seen them in a while so I wanted to hang out with them. Which led to me missing out on my Saturday blog. But even so, here's how my two weeks have been. Last week was an amazing week. It always is when I see my good friends again. That Sunday, I had my soccer game as usual. I can't remember if we won or not though. But unfortunately, when I was putting pressure on the other team, I ended up spraining my ankle. Not badly, but enough that I felt it for the rest of the week. Fast forward to Wednesday. I saw the first friend from college. We actually did a lot...we went to see two different movies. We saw The Book Thief first. Overall, it was a pretty good movie. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the movie had no climax. It was a straight storyline, something that I'd have changed. But other than that I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Before the second movie, we went to Ram's horn and had a snack. But, of course, I couldn't help but order my fish and chips. It's the curse of Ram's Horn on my life. Forever needing to buy fish and chips. Second, we saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. That was pretty solid. Same idea as the first with a few tweaks here and there. Or as my coworker says, second verse, same as the first. We did that and then had a good chat before calling it a night. On to Thursday, which was Thanksgiving. I'm not a huge fan of holidays...holidays get me down for some reason. But Thanksgiving came nonetheless. We had a couple of relatives over and skyped my aunt who lives in another state. Then my brother and I played FIFA 14 until the night was over. Not too shabby of a day. Friday came along, and I was supposed to hang out with another good friend of mine. Unfortunately, his grandpa was close to passing away, and his family was staying together. The grandpa was in another state, but the family was here because of Thanksgiving. So I said to stick with his family. They come first. Friday night brought other plans though. My friend from Wednesday called me up and asked if I wanted to go watch a play with him and his mom. A few minutes after that, my friend called up and asked if I wanted to hang out with him. So I called the first guy back and asked if we could all go and he said sure. So I called the second guy up and asked if he wanted to go watch a play with us. His first question about it? "Is it cool?" He cracks me up sometimes. The play was a version of "It's a Wonderful Life." It was in the setting of a radio station and people would come up and read lines off paper as if they were doing a radio presentation for Christmas, complete with commercials and everything. It was really cool actually. So that was nice. Saturday I finally got to hang with the friend I was supposed to hang with on Friday. He and I basically did nothing except for watch Youtube videos. He and I usually have majorly deep conversations, but with only a short time to hang out, it was more just having fun. After a few hours of hanging out, I had to go to soccer. As usual, I did well (luckily), and scored a few goals. I even scored one as a goalie! But other than that and a backheel goal out of the air (which I got kinda lucky on, but still felt awesome), it was so-so for me. I couldn't dribble to save my life. Gotta get that control work in more. I usually stick around after my game is over and just relax, but I left early and picked up my cousin so we could hang out at the same friend's house. We played some FIFA 14 and relaxed but not much else. We I then took my cousin back home and stayed up at my house for a while. Thus concludes my week. Pretty busy but lots of fun.

This past week wasn't anything really special. Especially compared to last week. I had basketball on Monday night, which went decently well. Thursday afternoon I had Chipotle for lunch and that was really good. I hadn't had it in a while. Yesterday I didn't do anything, really. I'm watching that dog again. That dog belongs to the family that has my friend and the one that grandpa had died. So their family is a pretty good friend of mine. And that brings me to today. Pretty much a nothing week so far. Tonight is soccer, so that'll help me. I guess that's what I get for not blogging on Saturday. But I should be a little better next week. You all have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment